HGV Class 2 Drivers Wanted
We are recruiting for drivers with a HGV Class 2 driving licence to join our team based in Mallusk, Newtownabbey.
To apply please contact Alison Gray Recruitment on 02890 842639
Working hours: Monday - Friday 07.30 - FINISH (Task & finish applies)
Pay: £9.76 per hour
Must be physically fit
35 hrs CPC essential
The recycling operator will be responsible for carrying out collections of recycled materials from a specified round.
- Operation of a recycling vehicle, up to 12 tonnes.
- Maintain a predetermined daily collection round, lifting recycling boxes from houses and sorting the contents into the rear of the vehicle.
- Supervising the programme, including the assistant operator and temporary staff.
- Starting time will be 7.30am to 4.30pm; working hours may occasionally vary between 7am and 8pm
- Work with one other employee to complete rounds.
- Maintain good relationships with local community – answering questions to the best of his/her ability.
- Collecting and returning the vehicle to and from the Depot.
- Offload the vehicle, emptying contents into appropriate containers or areas.
- Maintain the programmes Health and Safety policy at all times.
- Fill out documentation.
- Leave quality comment notes to participants who leave out wrong materials.
- Carry out daily vehicle inspection, and ensure vehicle is kept clean and tidy.
- Co-operate in occasional media stories and promotions as required.
- Deliver promotional leaflets associated with the programme.
- Carry out customer canvassing as required.
- All other duties as and when required.
- To partake in relevant training as required.
- Current, clean driving licence covering the operation of a 12 tonne vehicle
- At least one years’ experience driving a 7.5 - 12 tonne vehicle.
- Hard and efficient worker with the ability to improve own productivity
- Commitment to the principles of recycling
- Ability to maintain standards
- Ability to communicate well with the public
- Prepared to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Initiative and motivation in own work
- Basic literacy and numeric skills
To apply please contact Bryson Charitable Group's HR Department on 02890325835