We are committed to providing a high quality service to all our customers and our Customer Charter sets out the standard of service you can expect from us. We will:
- Deliver professional and efficient services.
- Deal with your waste and recycling in a responsible manner using local outlets where possible.
- Be proactive and help customers.
- Treat you in a polite and courteous manner, with staff who are approachable, professional, friendly and helpful.
- Deal promptly and appropriately with any complaints received.
- Carry out our services in a way that minimises litter.
- Provide you with timely, relevant and clear information regarding our services.
As a user of our kerbside service, you can expect:
- A reliable collection service.
- Recycling containers to be emptied and returned with care.
- Feedback to be provided on any incorrect items presented in recycling containers.
- Our staff to take care when working around vehicles or property to minimize likelihood of damage.
- Assisted lifts to be provided for eligible residents who are unable to present their containers for collection.
As a user of our kerbside service, you are requested to:
- Put the right materials in the correct container.
- Present your containers at an appropriate place by the time requested on your collection day.
- Treat our staff with respect and consider their safety.
As a user of our Recycling Centres, you can expect:
- The site to be clean, tidy and managed in an organized manner.
- The site to be safe from hazards.
- The staff to provide assistance when requested.
- The staff to answer questions and give advice on recycling.
As a user of our Recycling Centres, you are requested to:
- Abide by the rules of the site, including any requirements to sort waste and restrictions on trade waste.
- Separate as much material as possible before you come and put it in the correct container when you arrive on site. Disposal to landfill is always a last resort.
- Act safely to ensure you do not cause harm to yourself, other site users or our staff.
- Wear sensible footwear and clothing.
- Refrain from smoking on site.
- Treat our staff with respect.
We aim to continually improve our services and will carry out surveys to ask how you think we are doing and what you think we could be doing better.