1. This agreement is made between the resident (‘Customer’) and Bryson Recycling Ltd and sets out the Terms and Conditions under which the Customer may use the Garden Waste Fortnightly Collection Service. Bryson Recycling Ltd may vary or change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. The Customer will be given 10 days written notice of any such changes.
2. The current annual subscription period is set out in the Pricing Schedule.
3. The annual subscription fee must be paid in full even if you subscribe partway through the subscription year. Annual subscription fees are set out in our Pricing Schedule.
4. Brown bins or reusable sacks will be provided to subscribing Customers to place their garden waste into. These brown bins or reusable sacks will be collected fortnightly as per the Collection Schedule. Only brown bins or reusable sacks manufactured or procured by Bryson Recycling can be used. Garden Waste that is not contained within Bryson Recycling’s brown bins or reusable sacks will not be collected under any circumstances.
5. Each Customer can order up to a maximum of 4 brown bins (or 8 reusable sacks if the property qualifies as per section 9).
6. Free delivery of brown bins or reusable sacks will be available for the Customers first order only. Any additional bins ordered at a later date will be subject to a £20.00 delivery fee as set out in our Pricing Schedule.
7. Any domestic household, or property within Conwy County can become a Customer and subscribe to the service. Non-domestic properties wishing to become Customers and subscribe to the service must be approved by Bryson Recycling and Bryson Recycling reserve the right to cancel or refuse any annual subscriptions for non-domestic properties.
8. Brown bins when ordered will be delivered to the Customer’s property within 10 working days following Bryson Recycling receiving payment for the annual subscription. It is the Customers responsibility to ensure they subscribe to the service at least 10 working days prior to their next scheduled collection date to ensure that the brown bin is delivered and available to be filled and collected.
9. Reusable sacks may be provided to Customers whose property is not suitable for a bin. Use of sacks must be approved by Bryson Recycling and payment tags will be provided and attached to each sack that the annual subscription fee has been paid for. Reusable Sacks when ordered will be delivered to the Customer’s property within 10 working days following Bryson Recycling receiving payment for the annual subscription. It is the Customer's responsibility to ensure they subscribe to the service at least 10 working days prior to their next scheduled collection date to ensure that the reusable sack(s) is delivered and available to be filled and collected.
10. Only garden waste contained in brown bins and reusable sacks for which a current annual subscription has been paid will be collected.
11. Stickers or tags will be issued to Customers subscribing to the annual service from April 2021 onwards. These will need to be attached or stuck onto the bin (or reusable sack).
12. Stickers or tags will be delivered to Customers via post. It is the Customer's responsibility to ensure they subscribe to the service at least 10 working days prior to their scheduled collection date to ensure that the sticker or tag is available to present on the brown bin or reusable sack.
13. From the 19th April 2021 onwards only brown bins with a sticker issued by Bryson Recycling, or reusable sacks with a tag issued by Bryson Recycling attached will be collected.
14. Collection times on scheduled collection days may vary therefore the brown bin (or reusable sacks) must be presented at the property boundary clearly visible from the road no later than 7.00am on the scheduled collection day.
15. Bryson Recycling will arrange an assisted collection for Customers who have difficulty in moving their brown bins (or reusable sacks) to the property boundary on collection day - to apply for an assisted collection please contact us on 01492 555898. You can apply for an Assisted Collection if you are physically unable to move your brown bin (or reusable sacks) and:
16. Brown bins (or reusable sacks) left out after the collection has taken place will not be collected until the next scheduled collection day.
17. Brown bin (or reusable sacks) collections missed as a result of an error by Bryson Recycling staff will be collected as soon as reasonably practicable - normally within 24 hours upon receipt of the missed collection report - providing the missed collection report has been received within 48 hours following the scheduled collection date.
18. There may be occasions when it is not possible to collect the Customer’s brown bin (or reusable sacks), including but not limited to: adverse weather conditions, vehicle breakdowns, roadworks, pandemics and/or industrial action. If Bryson Recycling misses, or cannot collect the Customer’s brown bin as scheduled, Bryson Recycling will use its reasonable endeavours to collect the brown bin (or reusable sacks) as soon as possible. Under no circumstances will Bryson Recycling give refunds (whole or partial) for missing or being unable to collect a brown bin (or reusable sacks).
19. Garden waste collections will run throughout the year. During the Christmas and New Year Period, some collection days may change. Alternative collection dates will be provided for Customers whose collection day falls on any of these dates.
20. Collections will not be made if the bin or reusable sack is too heavy, overfilled or contains bags; the lid of the brown bin must always be closed. A Sorry Tag will be attached to any heavy or overfilled brown bins or reusable sacks.
21. Brown bins or reusable sacks will not be collected if they contain any incorrect items as outlined in our Garden Waste Acceptance Criteria. A Sorry Tag will be attached to any brown bins containing any incorrect items.
22. It is the householder's responsibility to rectify any issues identified on the Sorry Tag and a further collection will not be made until the next scheduled collection date.
23. If the Customer’s brown bin, or reusable sack becomes damaged Bryson Recycling will repair or replace it, free of charge, as soon as is reasonably practical, except in circumstances where the brown garden waste bin is damaged through neglect or misuse, in which case the cost of repair or replacement shall be charged to the Customer.
24. If the Customer moves to a new house within Conwy County the subscription can be transferred to their new address. Please contact Bryson Recycling to confirm the details via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). It is the Customer’s responsibility to move their brown bin (or reusable sacks) to their new property. If the Customer moves out of Conwy County, then the brown bin (or reusable sacks) and the remaining annual subscription will remain with the property.
25. Customers will be responsible for the brown bin (or reusable sacks) and Customers should make efforts to clearly identify their brown bin (or reusable sacks) as belonging to their property as Bryson Recycling will accept no liability for lost or stolen bins.
26. The annual subscription can be cancelled at any time; however, refunds will only be issued in accordance with our Refund Policy. Bryson Recycling will not remove any bins from a property in any instances where a Customer chooses not to re-subscribe to the service, cancels the service, or reduces the number of bins to which they have previously subscribed.
27. An email address will be required when subscribing to the service in order to allow Bryson Recycling to provide essential information about the collection service.
28. Bryson Recycling will process any personal data in accordance with their Privacy Notice which you can read here.
29. These terms and conditions in relation to the service do not affect your statutory rights.
You have the right to cancel your subscription and obtain a full refund within 14 days of placing your order. There will be no refunds after the 14-day cooling-off period has expired.
Any cancellation following the 14 day cooling-off period will be subject to the conditions outlined in section 26 of the ‘Terms and Conditions for the Fortnightly Garden Waste Collection Service’ and there are no refunds (whole or partial) for the cancellation of the service partway through the year.
If there is evidence of misuse of the Service, or the brown garden waste bin by the Customer as per sections 20 and 21 of the ‘Terms and Conditions for the Fortnightly Garden Waste Collection Service’, then the Service may be cancelled. There will be no refund (whole or partial) in these circumstances.
If you move to a new house within Conwy County, then we will transfer this service. However, refunds will not be offered to those moving out of Conwy County as the subscription will remain with the property as per section 24 of the ‘Terms and Conditions for the Fortnightly Garden Waste Collection Service’.